NEIGHBORHOOD ACUPUNCTURE PROJECT
SEE BELOW FOR CORONAVIRUS UPDATE:
Letter to the NAP Community
A big hello to the NAP community!
It has been hard to not see your faces and feel the clinic full of activity. We hope that you are faring well in this strange and difficult time. As you know already, we have had to (mostly) shut the doors of the clinic for now. But we are still here in the community, and we want to continue to do all we can to support your health and well-being.
I want to share some news about how we can work with you by providing guidance, herbs, and even some treatment options over the coming weeks and months. We are working to adapt our services and also doing some familiar things in new ways. Also, to keep our community and our practitioners afloat while we’re shut down, we are asking for your support. In addition to providing the services listed here, we have established a GOFUNDME account where those of you who are able can help us cover our rent and utilities and, if possible, also provide some minimal financial support to our practitioners. Here are the details:
1) Treatments at the clinic: Since it is not clear when we will be re-opening, until then we are offering limited appointments for patients who really need a treatment in person. We will schedule these so that there are only 1or 2 people here at a time, so they can maintain their distance and be in different rooms. We will be following all the CDC and Austin Health Authority guidelines to reduce any risk of cross contamination. We will continue with our usual sliding scale prices, but we ask that you be as generous as you can at this time. Please call us (512-473-8884) and leave a message with your questions or to schedule an appointment.
2) Telehealth options: For our high-risk (or any) patients who do not feel comfortable coming in for treatments, Laura is providing consultation and treatment using Zoom -- an easy online videoconferencing app -- and a kit of simple supplies that you will receive prior to your appointment. The appointments will last 30 minutes and will include diagnosis, a treatment plan, and a demonstration of how to make use of the tools in your kit. If herbs are also needed, we can arrange for a pickup from the clinic.
Each kit can be used for 4 treatments and will include:
20 Intradermal needles
1 sheet of Stick-on moxa
20 Ear seeds
gold and silver ear pellets
12 different stones that have been used in Chinese Medicine on acupoints
2 essential oil blends, also for use on acupoints
Kits are $35 for pick up $40 to mail. Telehealth appointments are on the sliding scale of $25 to $50. Once you receive your kit, you can set up your appointment via Zoom. If you are interested in this option, please e-mail:
Laura Mathews firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cindy Freeman and Joanne Tait are also offering telehealth for their patients using press on needles and ear seeds. For more information about their pricing contact them directly at:
Cindy Freeman: email@example.com
Joanne Tait: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Herbal treatments: If you need herbs or an herbal consultation by phone, just call the office and leave us a message. We will get back to you for your consultation and to arrange a pickup.
4) Resources and info: Please go to our "LINKS" page for information on things you can do to boost your immune system and ways to stay healthy at home. I will be adding more of these links over time.
5) GOFUNDME page: The Small Business relief bill that was just passed does not really help us, as it stands right now. As a community clinic, we have a very narrow profit margin. We cannot take out loans and borrow against the future unless we significantly raise our prices. The wording is very tricky and it is not certain that the loans will be forgiven or that we even qualify. It could be a year before we can actually go back to running a full clinic. We are hoping that if we can raise money from our supporters, we can continue to provide our services on a sliding scale, during and after this crisis. But the possibility of our having to close our doors completely is real. Please consider donating through this site: https://www.gofundme.com/f/neighborhood-acupuncture-project
If you feel compelled, please friend us on Facebook or send our campaign to friends/family with a testimony. We need all the help we can get and we understand that many of you are in the same boat and might not be able to donate.
Please let us know what you think of these innovations. And feel free to suggest or inquire about other ways in which we can safely and effectively serve you until we can resume regular operations at the clinic. We are glad and grateful to be surrounded by the wonderful and loving NAP community. Please accept our thanks and our offers of continued care as we work to keep the community (and NAP itself) alive and healthy. Big Love to All!!!
Welcome to The Neighborhood Acupuncture Project. We are a low-cost clinic in Austin, TX providing Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs on a sliding scale to anyone and everyone. Our mission is to bring Chinese medicine to individuals who have not had the opportunity to receive its benefits either due to lack of finances and/or exposure to this resource. We provide acupuncture treatments in a comfortable and friendly group setting. This acupuncture model allows us to treat more people and keep costs low so patients can afford to make it part of their wellness program and increase the potential for successful healing.
Current Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (last apptmnt)
Sunday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (last apptmnt)
Saturday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (last apptmnt)
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Years Day
Coronavirus UPDATE: (go to our "links" page for ways to boost your immune system and self care)
N.A.P. WILL BE OPERATING AT REDUCED HOURS AND LIMITING APPOINTMENTS TO ALLOW FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING AND CLEANING BETWEEN PATIENTS. PLEASE CALL 512-473-8884 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT OR GET AN HERBAL CONSULT. WE WILL BE IN THE CLINIC PERIODICALLY CHECKING MESSAGES AND ANSWERING THE PHONES TO SERVE YOU AS BEST WE CAN WITHIN GUIDELINES. THANK YOU!!!!
SLIDING SCALE $25-$50
1ST TIME PATIENTS $40-$60
For more information on acupuncture, check out our frequently asked questions page.
See our reviews on Yelp.com
Follow us on Instagram @neighborhoodacupunctureproject
Neighborhood Acupuncture Project
1909 E. 38th1/2 St.
Austin, Tx. 78723
Ground Raw supplied by Mayway and Nuherbs
all herbal powders, granules and patents that we carry have been GMP certified.